Have you ever wondered how much time it will take you to listen to all Joe Rogan Podcast episodes? I did the math for you.
There are 1981 episodes of the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast on Spotify (as of August 4th 2022).
The total duration of all episodes is:
- 18,149,173 seconds;
- 302,486 minutes;
- 5,041 hours;
- 210 days.
- 7 months.
Here’s what you can do while listening to all JRE episodes:
Fly to the moon and back 33 times
The average flight to the moon takes about 3 days (the distance between the Earth and the Moon is 386,400 kilometers).
You could fly to the moon and back more than 30 times while listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast.
Fly 77% of the way to Mars
According to Wikipedia, the lowest energy transfer to Mars is a Hohmann transfer orbit, which would involve a roughly 9-month travel time from Earth to Mars.
What you could do instead of listening to Joe Rogan:
Learn 3 foreign languages
According to the US Foreign Service Institute, languages can be categorized into 4 difficulty categories.
- Category I Languages: 24-30 weeks (600-750 class hours). Languages more similar to English: Italian, Spanish, Swedish, French, etc.
- Category II Languages: Approximately 36 weeks (900 class hours). German, Swahili, etc.
- Category III Languages: Approximately 44 weeks (1100 class hours). Languages with significant linguistic and/or cultural differences from English: Armenian, Greek, Hebrew, Russian, Vietnamese, etc.
- Category IV Languages: 88 weeks (2200 class hours). Languages which are exceptionally difficult for native English speakers: Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean.
Learn a coding/programming language
- If you spend around 40 hours a week learning Python, it could take around 6 weeks to fully develop your Python skills.
What would make your life better? Knowledge of two new foreign languages or standup comedians talking about “crushing it” high on weed?
Be the first to leave a comment